How the GDP is earned and spent - top 10 countries
Data source: CIA Factbook
Presented here are the countries with the highest GDP (as measured by purchasing power parity).
Click on each country to see a breakup of the GDP into components (services, agriculture and industry).
- Indonesia is higher than Brazil, UK and France
And this is how the GDP is "earned".
Note the following:
- Most of the top GDP countries make a bulk of their income from services, followed by industrial production.
- Agriculture accounts for a small part of the GDP (which is a surprise, at least to me)
How the GDP is "spent"
- USA spends more than everybody (household consumption).
- China invests more in fixed capital. Also "saves" more than "spends".
- India spends more than saves.